Lancers Eliminated from 2022 Clark Cup Playoffs
OMAHA, NE. - The Lancers headed into today's game (5/1) down 1-0 in the best-of-three series with the Anderson Cup Champion Tri-City Storm.
And with the Lancers' facing elimination, they needed to come out of the gate much harder than they did in game one.
After giving up two goals in the first five minutes in game one, the Lancers held off the Storm offense until 6:22 into the first period, where the only first period goal was scored.
Cole O'Hara moved in on Omaha goaltender, Kevin Pasche and found Ilya Nikolaev on the backdoor as he easily buried the one-timer, putting the Storm up 1-0, which carried into the first intermission.
Tri-City extended on their lead in the second period as Nikolaev netted his second goal of the game, and his fourth goal in the series on a very lucky bounce off the leg of Lancers' forward, Morgan Winters.
After Pasche made the save on the shot, the rebound tipped off of the shin guard of Winters and trickled over the goal line, making it a 2-0 Tri-City lead.
At the halfway point of the second period, Dane Dowiak netted a one-timer on the man advantage to make it a 3-0 lead with Jeremy Wilmer and Matt Basgall coming in on the assist. Putting the Storm up by three heading into the third period.
The Lancers generated some offensive chances in the third period, but Storm goaltender, Arsenii Sergeev had an answer for every shot Omaha sent his way.
The final goal of the night was a shot knocked through the legs of Pasche by Lleyton Roed, 14:36 into the third period, to seal up a 4-0 victory for Tri-City, as they now advance to the Western Conference Finals.
Tri-City will take on either the Sioux City Musketeers or the Waterloo Black Hawks in a best-of-five series, beginning later in the week.
The Lancers would like to thank everyone who supported the team through their 35th anniversary season, that was anything but normal! And we cannot wait to start things up again in September!
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from May 1, 2022
- The Aftermath: Storm Advances to Conference Finals Following Sweep of Lancers - Tri-City Storm
- Lancers Eliminated from 2022 Clark Cup Playoffs - Omaha Lancers
- Goaltending Duel Goes to Croteau - Waterloo Black Hawks
- 2021-22 Fargo Force Team Awards Announced - Fargo Force
- USHL Prepares for 2022 League Drafts - USHL
- Storm Hits the Road for Game #2 of Western Conference Semifinal - Tri-City Storm
- Lancers Fall on the Road as Tri-City Takes Game One - Omaha Lancers
- Storm Begins Postseason with 7-4 Home Win over Lancers - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Lancers Stories
- David Wilkie Returns as Head Coach, General Manager and CEO, Jamie Storr Named President of Hockey Operations
- Lancers Release 2022-23 Regular Season Schedule
- Lancers Forward, Tanner Rowe Commits to UMass - Amherst
- Michael Cameron Earns 2022 Curt Hammer Award
- Kevin Pasche Selected to the All-USHL Second Team