LA KISS Look to Rock N' Roll All Over the Soul
'Rock vs. Jocks', it is a rivalry that goes back generations. Ever since the early days of Rock N' Roll, the Rockers and the Athletes of this country have been pitted against each other. On Monday, this famed rivalry will culminate in a matchup between Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley's LA KISS (2-2) and the Philadelphia Soul (3-1), which is owned by renowned athletes Ron Jaworski, Dick Vermeil, Marques Colston and Jahri Evans. The LA KISS are ready to demonstrate that they can control the field like their owners rock the stage.
Both teams come into Monday's matchup second in their conference standings. Last week, the LA KISS were unable put the finishing touches on an epic comeback and lost by three points in Orlando. Down 22 points at the end of the third quarter, Stanley threw back-to-back touchdowns to Morgan and the LA KISS cut the deficit to three points with under a minute remaining. The magic ran out when the LA KISS were unable to convert their second straight onside kick. Philadelphia used a strong second half to defeat Cleveland for the second time this season.
This is the second time these two franchises have played against one another. Last season, the Philadelphia Soul narrowly won the only other matchup 56-48 in week 13. Donovan "Captain" Morgan's 104 receiving yards and four touchdowns wasn't enough to overcome the high-powered Soul offense, which was quarterbacked by the 2015 AFL MVP, Dan Raudabaugh.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from April 29, 2016
- Gladiators Fall to Unbeaten Predators, 76-56 - Cleveland Gladiators
- Predators Stay Undefeated with Late Rally over Cleveland Gladiators - Orlando Predators
- Around the AFL - Los Angeles KISS
- LA KISS Look to Rock N' Roll All Over the Soul - Los Angeles KISS
- The Dual Threat from Southern California - Los Angeles KISS
- The Strategy of the Onside Kick - Jacksonville Sharks
- Sharks add WR Prechae Rodriguez - Jacksonville Sharks
- Cleveland Makes Two Game Changes - AFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles KISS Stories
- Arena Football League's L.A. KISS Apparently Have Folded, Leaving
- LA KISS Eliminated from Postseason with Loss to Cleveland
- LA KISS Drop Regular Season Finale to the Steel, 48-46
- Injuries Plague LA KISS, Fall to Sharks 46-32
- LA KISS Look to Clinch First Home Postseason Game