LA Galaxy II Sign Midfielder Alex Alcala
LOS ANGELES - LA Galaxy II announced today that the club has signed midfielder Alex Alcala from the LA Galaxy Academy. The 15-year-old California native who has featured for the Mexico U-15 and U-16 teams signs his first professional contract after joining the LA Galaxy Academy last year.
"Alex is a young talent who we are pleased will develop in a professional environment," said LA Galaxy General Manager Dennis te Kloese. "We believe that the structure and resources that we will provide him will allow him to continue to grow as both a player and a person. We look forward to Alex representing our club."
Born in Stockton, California, Alcala has spent time training with Manchester City in England, at Barcelona's La Masia and with Pachuca in Mexico. Additionally, he has represented the Mexico U-15 and U-16 teams, making his U-15 debut in 2018 at 12 years old under current LA Galaxy Director of Methodology and Development Juan Carlos Ortega, who coached the Mexico U-15 side at the time.
Alcala joined the LA Galaxy Academy in 2020 ahead of signing professionally with Los Dos in the USL Championship.
LA Galaxy II have begun preseason training ahead of the start of the 2021 USL Championship regular season. The 2021 season will mark the eighth year in LA Galaxy II history.
The 2021 USL Championship regular season will begin in May and will see the teams split in to four divisions containing a 32-game slate running across 27 weeks through the end of October with playoffs scheduled for November.
Further announcements on scheduling, divisional alignment and playoff structure will be made in the coming months. The league will continue to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 crisis in the event that alterations to the format need to be made.
Transaction: LA Galaxy II signed midfielder Alex Alcala.
Name: Alex Alcala
Weight: 125 lbs.
Born: Oct. 20, 2005
Last Club: LA Galaxy Academy
Birthplace: Stockton, CA
Nationality: USA, MEX
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 16, 2021
- Black Trailblazers in Football: Gil Heron - Sacramento Republic FC
- Indomitable Club's History of Engaging Local Creative Community Continues with Artist Spotlight - Sacramento Republic FC
- Head Coach Paul Dalglish Excited for Start of Preseason - Miami FC
- LA Galaxy II Sign Midfielder Alex Alcala - LA Galaxy II
- Championship, Select Unveil Official 2021 Match Ball - USL
- Hartford Athletic Signs Midfielder Luka Prpa - Hartford Athletic
- FC Tulsa Expands "Pathway to Pro" to All Local Youth Soccer Players - FC Tulsa
- New Mexico United Academy to Host First-Ever Open Trial Sessions, March 13-14 - New Mexico United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.