Knighthawks Make Moves Prior to Tonight's Game
The Rochester Knighthawks announced four player moves before their 9:00 p.m. EST showdown in Denver against the Colorado Mammoth. Rochester activated forward Austin Shanks and defenseman Luc Magnan. In related transactions, the Knighthawks placed forward Pat Saunders and defenseman Mike Manley on the holdout list.
Shanks returns to the lineup after missing the last five games with a lower-body injury. The second-year pro has 17 goals and 17 assists in 10 games this season. In his last game, he posted one goal and five assists on March 2 against Georgia.
"It feels good to strap the pads back on and battle with my brothers," said Shanks. "I hope I can go out there and contribute."
Rochester also gets steady defenseman Luc Magnan back for tonight's contest. The fourth-year pro has appeared in 13 games and registered two goals, four assists and 87 loose balls. Magnan was recently named one of the team's road alternate captains.
"I'm glad that I'm healthy again and I'm ready to contribute," he said.
Rochester will try to extend its season-high two-game winning streak tonight. The game will be broadcast on 107.3 The Bull and the iHeartRadio app. Fans can watch the contest on B/R Live and CW Rochester. Local TV coverage will be available on cable channels 16 and 1016, and over-the-air at 13.2. DIRECTV will also carry the broadcast on channel 14.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from April 12, 2019
- Rock Beat Black Wolves 13-12 - Toronto Rock
- Black Wolves Comeback Falls Short in Toronto - New England Black Wolves
- Knighthawks Make Moves Prior to Tonight's Game - Rochester Knighthawks
- Summary of Disciplinary Action - Week 17 - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Jesse King to Make Roughnecks Debut - Calgary Roughnecks
- Game Preview - San Diego Seals
- Jr. Roughnecks Registration Now Open - Calgary Roughnecks
- Calgary Roughnecks Game Preview - April 12 vs Georgia - Calgary Roughnecks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.