Kaiser Permanente Arena to Become Recovery Resource Center for Victims Affected by the Czu Lightning Complex Fire
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - Kaiser Permanente Arena (140 Front Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060), home of the Santa Cruz Warriors, will become the Santa Cruz County Recovery Resource Center (RRC) for victims affected by the CZU Lightning Complex Fire. Kaiser Permanente Arena RRC will be open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. beginning tomorrow, Saturday, August 29.
Representatives from numerous agencies will be on hand to answer questions about disaster assistance programs and other support to help families. FEMA, CalOES, and numerous federal, state and local agencies and nonprofits will be located at the RRC.
It is not necessary to visit a center to register for and receive federal disaster assistance. Help is available online at DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling the FEMA helpline at 800-621-3362. Numerous services will also be made available online through a community recovery page, available through www.santacruzcounty.us.
"Kaiser Permanente Arena is here for our community members," said Santa Cruz Warriors President Chris Murphy. "Our thoughts are with all the emergency response teams fighting to keep our community safe and our arena is here for those that need immediate support. Please stay safe, Santa Cruz."
The Santa Cruz Warriors have also established the Sea Dubs Together Fire Relief Fund, in partnership with Community Foundation Santa Cruz County, to support those affected. To donate to the fund and help aid long term community recovery efforts, click here.
Free two-hour parking will be made available by the city of Santa Cruz on parts of Laurel Street Extension, Front Street and Spruce Street adjacent to the arena. Social distancing is required on the property.
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, please visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from August 28, 2020
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Become Recovery Resource Center for Victims Affected by the Czu Lightning Complex Fire - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Recovery Resource Center at Kaiser Permanente Arena to Reduce Hours
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Become Recovery Resource Center for Victims Affected by the Czu Lightning Complex Fire
- Santa Cruz Warriors Awarded 2019-20 NBA G League Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Award for Sea Dub Classics Program
- Santa Cruz Warriors Raise over $5,000 for Community Foundation Santa Cruz County COVID-19 Local Response Fund