Ironmen Suffer Loss in Defensive Battle
PLYMOUTH, MI (Friday, March 28, 2008)- The New Jersey Ironmen (13-15) gave a valiant defensive effort in an attempt to hold off the first place Detroit Ignition (20-7) tonight at Compuware Arena, but the expansion Ironmen fell to the second-year Ignition by a count of 6-4. Tim O'Neill score both goals for the Ironmen who now hold a 1/2 game lead over the Philadelphia KiXX (12-15) for the last spot in the MISL playoffs.
New Jersey returns to Prudential Center Saturday night for a 7:30 p.m. game against La Raza de Monterrey (15-12). All fans in attendace will receive a complimentary team poster courtesy of the Herald News (while supplies last). To order tickets in advance, call 1-800-IRONMEN.
• Discuss this story on the Major Indoor Soccer League 2 message board...
Major Indoor Soccer League 2 Stories from March 28, 2008
- Storm tally team-record 25 points, edge closer to playoffs - Chicago Storm
- Shorthanded Cougars lose in Chicago, 25-17 - California Cougars
- Ignition increase win streak to eight with victory over Ironmen - Detroit Ignition
- Ironmen Suffer Loss in Defensive Battle - New Jersey Ironmen
- Ironmen Announce Fair Gama Italian All-Star Exhibition - New Jersey Ironmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.