Indy Eleven Sign DC United Forward Dane Kelly
INDIANAPOLIS - Indy Eleven Professional Soccer is pleased to announce the signing of former DC United (Major League Soccer) forward Dane Kelly to its 2019 roster pending league and federation approval.
"Dane Kelly is a very dynamic player that provides pace to get in behind opponents, who can stretch a team, and who is a big goal scoring threat," said Indy Eleven head coach Martin Rennie. "He is in his prime and in the Jamaican National Team squad. He is hungry to succeed, and we look forward to working with him."
Kelly currently tops the USL Championship's all-time goal scoring table, having netted 67 regular season goals since his league debut in 2011. The 27-year-old has appeared in lineups for Charleston Battery (2011-2015), Swope Park Rangers (2016), Reno 1868 FC (2017) and Richmond Kickers (2018).
Kelly earned a slew of accolades at the conclusion of the 2017 season, including being named USL Championship's Most Valuable Player and was named to the All-League First Team. Additionally, Kelly claimed the 2017 USL Championship Golden Boot after recording 18 regular season goals.
Last season, the Saint Catherine Parish, Jamaica native made his MLS debut as a late-match substitute for DC United on March 31. Outside of regular season action, Kelly started at home in United's fourth round US Open Cup 1-1 draw (4-3 on penalty kicks) against USL Championship's North Carolina FC.
The former Tivoli Gardens (Red Stripe Premier League) attacker has made four appearances for the Jamaican Men's National Team, making his debut in an international friendly against Canada on September 3, 2017. He scored his first goal and assist for the Reggae Boyz in his second international cap in a 2-2 draw against South Korea on January 30, 2018. Kelly scored his second international goal last October in Jamaica's 6-0 Concacaf Nations League Qualifying win over Bonaire.
Per club policy, terms of player contracts with Indy Eleven will not be released.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 16, 2019
- Indy Eleven Sign DC United Forward Dane Kelly - Indy Eleven
- Head Coach McGuinness Welcomed by Irish Ambassador to the United States, Daniel Mulhall - Charlotte Independence
- Nashville SC to Travel to Birmingham for Legion's Inaugural Home Game - Nashville SC
- Energy FC Sign Striker Christian Eissele - OKC Energy FC
- San Antonio FC Midfielder Ethan Bryant Returns for 2019 Season - San Antonio FC
- Austin Bold FC Single Game Tickets Now on Sale - Austin Bold FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- Indy Eleven to Host New York Red Bulls II in Postseason Opener Next Saturday at Carroll Stadium
- Community Health Network Extends Partnership as Official Sports Medicine Provider for Indy Eleven
- Match Preview: Indy Eleven Hosts Swope Park Rangers for Home Finale
- Win or Draw in Wednesday's Regular Season Finale Clinches Home Playoff Opener on October 26
- Indy Eleven Comes Back to Earn 1-1 Draw at Tampa Bay