Illinois Piasa Head Coach Jason Norsic Steps Down
Glen Carbon, IL - Illinois Piasa GM Matt Williams and Head Coach Jason Norsic have mutually agreed that Norsic will step down due to work and family commitments. Piasa has begun the process of finding his replacement.
"It's unfortunate, but it had to happen. He and I discussed what was needed moving forward and decided that with Jason and Jessica's new baby girl, and several other factors, that he needed to step down so we could start looking for someone that could commit to us full time." said Matt Williams, Illinois Piasa General Manager.
The Norsic's gave birth to their first child, daughter Ava, on May 11.
"I wish I could have continued to coach the team, but there is just too much going on for me and my family to give them my full attention at this time. We parted on good terms. I'm friends with Matt and many of the Piasa players and want nothing but success for them." said Jason Norsic.
Williams added "Being a parent is an extremely important job and right now that's where his focus needs to be. We wish Jason and his family the best."
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from July 22, 2013
- Illinois Piasa Head Coach Jason Norsic Steps Down - Illinois Piasa
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Illinois Piasa Stories
- Piasa Co-Founder, Co-Owner and General Manager Matt Williams Sells Remaining Interest in Club
- Illinois Piasa Drop Final Regular Season Home Game 6-3 to Wichita B-52s
- Illinois Piasa Hang on for Big 4-3 Win over Harrisburg Heat
- Illinois Piasa Drop Tough Loss to Cincinnati Saints 8-3
- Illinois Piasa Fall to In-State Rivals Chicago Mustangs 13-1