IceGators' McBrien Suspended Four Games, Sapergia Fined
November 9, 2009 - Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) News Release
CHARLOTTE, NC - The SPHL announced that Louisiana forward Paul McBrien has been suspended four games as a result of his actions in SPHL Game #20 vs. Pensacola on Friday, November 6.
At 5:07 of the second period, McBrien was assessed minor penalty for boarding, a 10-minute misconduct and a match penalty for spearing under Rule 62.4.
He is suspended under Rule 29.1 - Supplemental Discipline.
McBrien will miss Louisiana's games vs. Fayetteville (November 13), Columbus (November 14) and Knoxville (November 18) and at Columbus (November 20).
The SPHL has also fined Louisiana General Manager Brent Sapergia for two separate incidents in the IceGators' games against Pensacola on November 5 and 6. In each game, Sapergia received a game misconduct for his actions while serving as interim Head Coach. Additionally, the league has suspended Sapergia from serving in any coaching capacity for an indefinite period of time.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2009
- IceGators' McBrien Suspended Four Games, Sapergia Fined - SPHL
- Snakes Split First Two Road Games Of Season - Columbus Cottonmouths
- Havoc Takes Two At Home - Huntsville Havoc
- Louisiana Icegators Announced John Gibson As New Head Coach - Louisiana IceGators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.