Houston Dynamo announce Inaugural "Dynamo Trials"
HOUSTON, TX (Friday, March 14, 2008) -- The Houston Dynamo announced today that they will conduct open tryouts for local players. The tryouts are called the "2008 Dynamo Trials, presented by LALA." They are being held in partnership with Univision 45 and Telefutura 67.
The Dynamo Trials offer local players the chance to showcase their skills in an attempt to earn a professional contract. The first round of trials will take place on Saturday, April 19, at Plex in Stafford, Texas.
The Dynamo Trials are open to field players 20 and older, and there is no fee. Registration begins on Tuesday, March 18, and remains open through Wednesday, April 16. Players may register at www.houstondynamo.com or by calling (713) 276-7500. All players must register in advance, as on-site registration will not be available.
"It takes a special talent to play in MLS and for the Houston Dynamo," president / general manager Oliver Luck said. "Our players are world-class athletes that exemplify quality and standard. This tryout gives area players the chance to showcase their talents. If a player demonstrates the ability to meet our playing standards, then he will be given a real opportunity to sign with the team."
Players will first be tested on their fitness level. Those passing the fitness test will take part in a soccer skills test. Those passing the soccer skills test will be invited back to train and play with the Dynamo Academy under the watchful eyes of the Dynamo technical staff. If a player demonstrates the professional skill and ability to play for the Houston Dynamo, he will be invited into first-team training camp with the chance of signing a professional contract.
Players can get details of the fitness and skills test through a video demonstration on www.houstondynamo.com. Players may also prepare for the trials by taking part in a special pre-test training session that is being offered by Plex. For more information on the training regimen and relative costs, visit www.plex.cc.
LALA, as the presenting sponsor of the 2008 Dynamo Trials, will use this special opportunity to promote its various brands of food and dairy products within the marketplace and among the Dynamo's targeted fan base.
Univision 45 and TeleFutura 67 will provide promotional support of the event, helping create awareness within the community. They will run a series of vignettes focusing on some of the local players as they chase their dream of playing professional soccer.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 14, 2008
- Revs top Honduran champions in 60-minute scrimmage on Friday night - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Team Store Set To Debut - D.C. United
- Houston Dynamo announce Inaugural "Dynamo Trials" - Houston Dynamo FC
- Chicago Fire Announce Final Leg Of 2008 Preseason - Chicago Fire FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo FC Stories
- Houston Dynamo FC Earn a Point at Home to Open the Regular Season
- Houston Dynamo FC Sign MF Ousmane Sylla to Professional Contract
- Houston Dynamo FC Announce Roster Updates for Home Opener, Powered by Shell Energy
- Houston Dynamo FC Host Sporting Kansas City in Home Opener at Shell Energy Stadium
- Houston Dynamo FC Announce Virtual English Stream and Spanish Radio Broadcast Details for 2024 Season