Hounds Appoint Strength and Conditioning Coach
Charlotte, N.C. - January 21, 2013 - Charlotte Lacrosse LLC named today Nick Stevens as Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Charlotte Hounds. The Charlotte Athletic Club Personal Trainer served as a fitness and conditioning consultant to the players and staff during the team's inaugural season.
Stevens is responsible for planning and implementing the Hounds strength and conditioning program, tailoring to each individual player in order to prevent injuries and to improve their strength, power, speed and recovery. He will also work closely with the team doctor and athletic trainers in the rehabilitation of injuries that occur throughout the season.
"Nick has a strong passion and knowledge in the field of strength and conditioning," said Wade Leaphart, Chief Operations Officer / Director of Player Personnel. "With a 14-game season over the hot summer months, preparation and maintenance are crucial. Nick has a solid rapport with the guys after spending time with us last year. We're happy to have him on board in this capacity and know he'll be a key piece of our success."
A native of Buffalo, NY, Nick moved to Charlotte in 1997. He has worked as a certified personal trainer since 2005 and has been proud to call Charlotte Athletic Club his employer since 2008. Nick is available for consultation or personal training sessions. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from January 21, 2013
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Hounds Appoint Strength and Conditioning Coach - Charlotte Hounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Hounds Stories
- Hounds vs. Cannons Game Preview
- 2018 MLL Collegiate Draft Free to Watch Tonight on Lax Sports Network
- Hounds Sign Sponsorship Deal with Legion Brewing for 2017
- Hounds Active in Offseason with Player Signings
- John Grant Jr. Powers Ohio to Semi-Final Win over Charlotte