Hartford Athletic Signs Midfielder Nii Armah Ashitey
HARTFORD, Conn. - Hartford Athletic announced the signing of Ghanaian Midfielder Nii Armah Ashitey pending league and federation approval. He is the eighth player signed for the 2021 season.
The 20-year-old comes to Hartford from Dreams FC of the Ghana Premier League. Ashitey's professional career started at age 15 where he played for Still Believe FC of the Ghanaian Second Division. After spending a year with Crystal Palace Ghana, he joined Dreams FC in 2019 and was sent on loan to Berekum Chelsea to play in the Viareggio U20 Cup. In matches against Athletico Paranese (Brazil) and Spezia (Italy) he was named Man of the Match.
Ashitey joins Defender Younes Boudadi as new signings for the 2021 season. The Club has already announced Forward Alfonso Vazquez, Midfielders Danny Barrera, Conor McGlynn, Arthur Rogers, and Gabriel Torres, and Defender Alex Lara are all returning for the 2021 season. More returning and new player announcements will be announced in the coming weeks.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 6, 2021
- United Soccer League Launches Inaugural Supporters Survey - USL
- San Antonio FC Signs Forward Santiago Patino - San Antonio FC
- Indiana's Own Rece Buckmaster Signs with Indy Eleven - Indy Eleven
- Hartford Athletic Signs Midfielder Nii Armah Ashitey - Hartford Athletic
- Defender Sean McFarlane Returns to South Florida for 2021 USL Championship Season - Miami FC
- U.S. Women's National Team Will Hold January Training Camp and Host Two Matches against Colombia in Orlando, Florida to Kick off 2021 - North Carolina FC
- Lefebvre Adds to LouCity's Goalkeeper Corps as Latest Signing - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.