Hallum Nets a Hat Trick in First USHL Game
Jackson Hallum in his USHL debut tallied a hat trick to lead the Green Bay Gamblers to a 7-4 win over the Chicago Steel Wednesday at the Resch Center. The Gamblers sit atop the USHL Eastern Division standings with a mark of 4-1-1.
The Gamblers built a 3-0 first period lead on a pair of goals by Hallum (1:55 & 4:46) and Jake Schmaltz (6:36). Chicago erased the three-goal deficit to even the score at 3-3 midway through the 2nd period.
Schmaltz struck again (13:31) and Mason Lohrei also found the back of the net (18:00) to give the Gamblers a two-goal cushion heading into the 3rd period.
Hallum completed the hat trick (5:11) and Alex Servagno rounded out the scoring with a power-play goal (10:40).
Matt Davis notched his fourth win of the season, turning aside 28 Chicago shots.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 25, 2020
- Steel Stymied by Gambler Offense in 7-4 Loss - Chicago Steel
- Herd Claims 4-2 Victory over Bucs Wednesday - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Hallum Nets a Hat Trick in First USHL Game - Green Bay Gamblers
- Weekly Preview: Busy Thanksgiving Weekend Begins Tonight - Chicago Steel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.