Halifax Rainmen Select Spears and Cuffe at PBL Draft
The Halifax Rainmen are pleased to announce their selections from the 2011 Premier Basketball League Draft.
With their first and second round picks, the Rainmen drafted 6'10 center Aaron Spears, and 6'9 forward Kyle Cuffe, respectively.
Although Spears sat out during the 2009/10 season due to an injury, he has fully recovered and is back in the tip-top condition needed to give the Rainmen an excellent presence in the paint.
"Aaron is a very physical, large player," Halifax Rainmen President & CEO Andre Levingston said from the Draft in Chicago. "He is a great rebounder and can score with his back to the net. We're extremely excited to have him join us in Halifax."
Adding to the newly acquired presence under the net is Cuffe, who is known for his tremendous ability and passion to be a physical player.
"Kyle gives the team someone who looks to bang. He's very aggressive," said Levingston. "Along with Aaron, the Rainmen will have a very tough team that should dominate the glass."
• Discuss this story on the Premier Basketball League message board...
Premier Basketball League Stories from October 28, 2010
- Halifax Rainmen Select Spears and Cuffe at PBL Draft - Halifax Rainmen
- Mill Rats Select Ex-Hoya in 2011 PBL Draft - Saint John Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse