Gwizzlies Board bound for the CBA
Atlanta-The Georgia Gwizzlies Advisory Board voted over the January 25th weekend to make application for the CBA men's professional basketball league for the 2009-10 season. Martin Luther King III,Harold Zensbieum,Phil Bond,Phil Oliver and Clarence Brewer voted and think they made a sound decision.
The Board selected the CBA because of it's integrity,history,strong moral reflect and good image to our youth. The board also was concerned and acknowledge that the CBA has the ability to attract sponsors and a fan base in Metro Atlanta.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
• Discuss this story on the American Basketball Association message board...
American Basketball Association Stories from January 27, 2009
- Vision owner Townsend arrested again - OSC Original by Chris Munson
- Southeast Texas Mustangs Still First in ABA Power Rankings - ABA
- Gwizzlies Board bound for the CBA - Georgia Gwizzlies
- Phillip "Hot Sauce" Champion Signs with Spyders - ABA
- Knoxville Thunderbolts Announces New Ownership Group - Knoxville Thunderbolts
- Matrix start the 2009 season vs. the AND1 Mixtape Tour on January 29th - Montreal Matrix
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.