Gladiators Sweep Two of the Top ABA Teams on Successive Nights
Aliso Viejo, CA (February 2, 2008) - The OC Gladiators demonstrated this weekend that they are rounding into playoff form by beating the Long Beach Breakers and the San Diego Wildcats on successive nights. On Friday night, the Gladiators, who were led by Robin "Sik Wit It" Kennedy's 32 points and 10 assists, beat the #6 ranked Long Beach Breakers in a sloppy but hard fought game 128-124. Kennedy was instrumental in breaking the press of Long Beach while also facilitating the offense throughout the evening. Tony Farmer also hit a big three late in the game to seal the victory.
On Saturday night, the Gladiators came back and held off the #4 ranked San Diego Wildcats 110-106. The Gladiators had 6 players in double figures and were able to ice the game in large part by the play down the stretch of recently acquired J.R. Reese. Reese scored 22 points and also had 4 steals while hitting a big three pointer late in the game. Additionally, Reese hit nothing but net on four straight free throws within the last 30 seconds of the game as the team made 36 of 42 free throws in the game.
The Gladiators continue their march to the playoffs by hosting the Maywood Buzz on Friday February 8th at 7:15 PM at JSerra's Fieldhouse Gym in San Juan Capistrano.
Tickets and information can be found at the Gladiators web site at www.ocgladiators.com.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
• Discuss this story on the American Basketball Association message board...
American Basketball Association Stories from February 3, 2008
- Sahlen and "Do Your Best, Never Quit" making an impact - Buffalo Silverbacks
- Tycoon Tidbits - Texas Tycoons
- Vermont's Gallant Effort Falls Just Short - Vermont Frost Heaves
- Gladiators Sweep Two of the Top ABA Teams on Successive Nights - Orange County Gladiators
- Manchester Takes Down #1 Vermont Again - Saint John Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County Gladiators Stories
- Support Savannah's Dream at this Saturday's OC Gladiators Home Game
- Gladiators Defeat Buzz 148-140, Prepare for Final Home Game
- Gladiators to Promote Will Ferrell ABA Film "Semi-Pro" at This Saturday Night's Home Game
- Gladiators Sweep Two of the Top ABA Teams on Successive Nights
- Kristen Green Scores 25 Then Leaves the OC Gladiators for the WNBA