Georgia Gwizzlies To Honor The Late Dennis Johnson
Macon, GA. The ABA Georgia Gwizzlies will honor the former NBA great Dennis Johnson by wearing Johnson's #3 on its warm-up jackets for the entire season. According to Embry Malone, team owner, "Without the vision of my Pepperdine University college teammate and personal friend for over 30 years, Dennis Johnson, there would never have been a Georgia Gwizzlies. He served as a team advisor and provided extraordinary direction, advice and friendship to me. I miss him."
"I really hope that this gesture will help keep Dennis on the minds of the sportswriters when they select the 2008 Hall of Fame inductees. He deserves it," added Malone. "Our Gwizzlies website will have a section donated to the sports fans who want to cast their votes to have Dennis Johnson in the Hall of Fame. Go to www.homestead.com/getgwizzliewithit. Or visit www.abalive.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
• Discuss this story on the American Basketball Association message board...
American Basketball Association Stories from September 5, 2007
- Reggie Winkfield returns to the Jersey Express - Jersey Express
- Turner Sports Teams Up With The Millrats - Saint John Riptide
- First State Fusion Announce Final Open Tryout - First State Fusion
- Bahama Pro Show To Play In Miami This Season - ABA
- Orlando Aces Schedule Final Tryout - Las Vegas Aces
- Georgia Gwizzlies To Honor The Late Dennis Johnson - Georgia Gwizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.