Fort Lauderdale CF to Play against FC Tucson on the Road on Saturday
Fort Lauderdale CF will travel to Arizona this weekend hoping to extend its unbeaten run to three when the team takes on FC Tucson on Saturday, Sept. 11 at 10 p.m. ET. The match will air live on ESPN+.
"I think that all three games until now have been slightly different. I don't expect the fourth one to be the same as any of the three previous matches. It's very tight obviously towards the end of the season, it's a very meaningful season for both teams, for both sets of players, so for us it's a matter of making sure we establish ourselves within the game and how we want to play," said head coach Darren Powell. "We also have to match Tucson because they'll be wanting the same thing. We need to counteract that and press on doing what we've been doing... We are really looking forward to the challenge, our players are certainly ready for this opportunity."
Fort Lauderdale enters this match after earning a 0-0 draw against USL League One leaders Chattanooga Red Wolves SC in its last game. This Saturday's clash will be the fourth matchup between Fort Lauderdale and FC Tucson this season. The teams first met earlier this season in May, which saw Fort Lauderdale come out victorious in a 5-1 win. Since then, Tucson defeated Fort Lauderdale in the last two matches between the clubs in July and August.
FC Tucson is aiming to continue its own unbeaten streak, earning points in its previous four matches. Most recently, Tuscon tied 1-1 against North Texas SC on Sept. 4. Forward Deri Corfe scored the match's equalizer in the 81st minute, saving his team the point. Goalkeeper Wallis Lapsley sits tied in second place in the league for the most saves at 56.
Tucson currently sits in fifth place in the USL League One standings with 26 points, recording seven wins, eight losses and five draws to date in the 2021 season. Fort Lauderdale CF, meanwhile, is in fourth place with 26 points, with a record of seven wins, nine losses and five draws so far this campaign. Additionally, Fort Lauderdale has scored the most goals in the league with 31, while Tucson sits tied for third place with 28 goals.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from September 10, 2021
- Fort Lauderdale CF to Play against FC Tucson on the Road on Saturday - Fort Lauderdale CF
- New England Makes First Visit to North Carolina FC - New England Revolution II
- Match Forecast: Tormenta FC vs. North Texas SC - South Georgia Tormenta FC
- Match Preview: Greenville Triumph vs. Chattanooga Red Wolves - Greenville Triumph SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Lauderdale CF Stories
- Allen on League One Young Player of the Year Award: Ã¢ÂÂIt Means EverythingÃ¢ÂÂ
- Allen, Hundal Voted as Finalists for USL League One Young Player of the Year Award
- Shaan Hundal Named to USL League One All-League Second Team
- Fort Lauderdale CF Closes Season with 1-2 Win against Toronto FC II
- Fort Lauderdale CF to Close the Season on the Road against Toronto FC II on Friday