Former Mohawk Hunter Pence in World Series
2002 Mohawks outfielder Hunter Pence (Texas-Arlington) helped the San Francisco Giants win Game 7 of the NLCS over the St. Louis Cardinals last week and earn a berth in the 2012 World Series against the Detroit Tigers.
Pence, a 2nd round draft pick of the Houston Astros in 2003, played 1B and outfield for the Mohawks in 2002. He hit .313 in 30 games after battling a wrist injury for part of the season. The Mohawks were 33-14 that summer and lost to Hornell two games to one in the NYCBL chmponship.
• Discuss this story on the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League message board...
Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League Stories from October 24, 2012
- Former Mohawk Hunter Pence in World Series - Amsterdam Mohawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amsterdam Mohawks Stories
- Mohawks season ends as runner up in PGCBL
- Mohawks stay alive to force game 3 in PGCBL
- Jamestown Jammers Walk-Off to Game 1 Victory in PGCBL Championship Series
- Shane Muntz stars as Mohawks take Game 1 in PGCBL Semifinals
- Amsterdam Walks-Off into the Semi-Finals