Food Fight Reaches Finals for Spot on 2019 Timber Rattlers Menu
GRAND CHUTE, WI - It took some time and effort and it was worth it! The 2019 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Food Fight has reached the Final Five. The winning recipe will go on this year's concession menu at Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium and you will have a say in what item will be victorious.
Here are the descriptions of the finalists:
- Mushroom & Swiss Steak Sandwich - Sliced beef sirloin topped with Swiss cheese and sautéed mushrooms, smothered in beef gravy and served on a brat roll. Submitted by John Schnorr.
- Grilled Mac & Cheese Sandwich - Grill macaroni & cheese until crispy on outside and gooey inside with crispy bacon, and spicy mustard served on Texas toast. Submitted by Dawn Evans.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Chippers - Homemade potato chippers topped with BBQ pulled pork, creamy coleslaw, and onion tanglers with a drizzle of nacho cheese. Submitted by Sarah Kanaman.
- The Almighty Pork Sandwich - A grilled, Cher-make brat cut in half, topped with BBQ pulled pork, melted Swiss cheese, peppered bacon, red pepper jelly, and fried pickles served on an onion roll. Submitted by Amanda Baranczyk.
- Grilled BBQ Mac & Cheese - Creamy macaroni & cheese, BBQ brisket with crispy bacon, onion tanglers, and jalapenos served on Texas toast. Submitted by Joseph Logemann.
Voting is happening right now at this link. Pick the item you want to see at the stadium this season.
The winning recipe of the 2019 Food Fight will be revealed on Facebook Live with Daniel Higgins, food and drink reporter for USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin, March 11 at 12:15pm.
The person with the winning submission will receive four tickets to the 2019 home opener, a ceremonial first pitch before the game, and four vouchers for their food item!
The Timber Rattlers will begin thus season at Beloit on Thursday, April 4. Wisconsin's home opener is Saturday, April 6 at 4:05pm against the Cedar Rapids Kernels.
The schedule for the 2019 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers season is available here. Fans may purchase full season, half season, seven-game to ten-game packages, or group outings for the season through the Timber Rattlers Ticket Office at Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium by calling (800) WI-TIMBER or (920) 733-4152; stopping at the Ticket Office; or online through timberrattlers.com. Individual game tickets for 2019 will go on sale on Saturday, March 16 at 10:00am.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from March 1, 2019
- Food Fight Reaches Finals for Spot on 2019 Timber Rattlers Menu - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Single-Game Tickets for Your Cougars 2019 Season on Sale Now - Kane County Cougars
- Kernels Seeking Nominations for Second Annual Kid Heroes Baseball Card Set - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Tucker Barnhart Added to List of 20 Greatest Dragons - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Stories
- Promotions Announced for Front Offices of Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- River Bandits Beat Rattlers in Season Finale
- Early Lead Is Enough For Rattlers Win at Quad Cities
- Wisconsin Edges Quad Cities 4-3
- Wisconsinâ??s Home Season Ends with a Close Loss to Kane County