Florida State League Names Pitcher & Player of the Week
August 18, 2014 - Florida State League (FSL) News Release
The Florida State League announced today the Player and Pitcher of the Week for the period August 11-17, 2014.
The Player of the Week was Charlotte Stone Crabs Outfielder Johnny Field. He played in six (6) games and had eight (8) hits in 20 plate appearances for a .400 batting average. His hits included two (2) homeruns and two (2) doubles. He had four (4) RBI's and scored eight (8) runs. His OBP was .520 and his slugging average was .800. Johnny is in his second year of professional baseball and his hometown is Las Vegas, NV.
The Pitcher of the Week for the second time in a row was Bradenton Marauders Right-hander Tyler Glasnow. He started two (2) games and recorded two (2) wins. His had a 0.68 ERA, and in 13 1/3 innings, gave up six (6) hits, one run (earned), walked four (4) batters, and struck out 18 batters. Tyler is in his third year of professional baseball and he resides in Newhall, CA.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 18, 2014
- Rodriguez belts grand slam in 'Tees shutout win over Yanks - Brevard County Manatees
- Crabs Jump out to Early Lead, Handle Mets 6-3 - St. Lucie Mets
- 'Crabs Use Big First Inning to Beat Mets 6-3 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Glasnow Honored with Second Pitcher of the Week Award - Bradenton Marauders
- Florida State League Names Pitcher & Player of the Week - FSL
- Marauders Host Miracle In Potential Playoff Preview This Week - Bradenton Marauders
- Timely Doubles, Williams' Nine K's Lead 'Tees Past D-Jays - Brevard County Manatees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.