FC Tucson Sign Former Riverhounds Defender Noah Franke
TUCSON, Ariz. - FC Tucson announced today that the club has signed former Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC defender Noah Franke, pending league and federation approval.
"Signing a player of Noah's experience shows the ambition of this club," said Head Coach John Galas. "He is a quality player, fits the profile we look for in our outside backs, and more importantly, he is a tremendous leader and person."
Franke began his professional career after signing with Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC in 2018. The 26-year-old made 25 appearances for the club through the 2018 and 2019 seasons, starting 13 of those games and playing a total of 1204 minutes. The versatile midfielder and defender was drafted with the No. 80 overall pick in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft by FC Dallas, however, did not appear for the club.
"After a long year, I am really excited to sign here in Tucson," said Noah Franke. " I am looking forward to meeting the fans and I am ready to compete to help bring the club some silverware in 2021."
Franke played collegiately for Creighton University from 2014 to 2017, scoring four goals and adding 10 assists in his 71 appearances for the NCAA Division I side. During the offseason of collegiate soccer play, Franke played for the Orlando City U-23s during the 2014-2015 season where he made 21 appearances. The Orlando, Florida native began his Orlando City SC career with the academy in 2013, starting in all 33 matches for the U-18s.
Following his collegiate career, Franke joined the Tampa Bay Rowdies U-23 side in 2017. Franke made 9 appearances during the 2017 season, landing a spot in the USL League Two "50 Players to Watch" list before making the move to the Riverhounds.
Franke is the second former Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC player to join FC Tucson for the 2021 USL League One season, joining defender Dakota Barnathan. The addition of Franke sets the FC Tucson roster at 21 players signed.
Country: United States
Born: March 25, 1995 (26)
Position: Defender (right back)
Height: 5 ft 8
Weight: 141 lbs
Previous Club: Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
FC Tucson will begin its third season in USL League One with an away match against South Georgia Tormenta FC on Saturday, May 1 before returning to Kino North Stadium on Saturday, May 8 for the club's Home Opener. Fans can secure their season ticket membership by visiting fctucson.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from April 15, 2021
- Union Omaha Unveils Front of Jersey Partnership with Xcancer - Union Omaha
- Max Flick Signs with North Carolina FC - North Carolina FC
- FC Tucson Sign Former Riverhounds Defender Noah Franke - FC Tucson
- Forward Madison Hires Emerson Lovato as Goalkeeper Coach - Forward Madison FC
- Greenville Triumph to Compete in Inaugural Youth Tournament - Greenville Triumph SC
- Kickers Unveil 2021 Primary Kit, New Front of Jersey Sponsor - Richmond Kickers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Tucson Stories
- Daniel Bedoya Named to Team of the Week
- FC Tucson Erases Deficit with Toronto II
- FC Tucson and Cox Communications Partner to Introduce Soccer to Tucson's Youth
- FC Tucson Transfers Gerard Lavergne to York United FC
- Deri Corfe & Maxi Schenfeld Named to USL League One Team of the Week