Fan Turnout Ranks Second All-Time
Attendance at NYSEG Stadium for Binghamton Mets home games in 2007 climbed to its highest mark in 15 years. In 66 home dates, the B-Mets drew a total of 230,053 fans, an increase of 14,717 over the 2006 total. The average attendance of 3,486 increased 8% over the 3,214 per opening average last year.
The all-time attendance record for the ballclub was established in the inaugural season, 1992, when paid attendance totaled
259,183. The team followed up with 225,467 patrons in 1993. That figure now ranks third best in team history.
"We kept telling everyone 'You Gotta See The Show', and the fans responded," said B-Mets general manager Scott Brown. "The video scoreboard improved the entertainment atmosphere and value. I thank every fan and staff member for making 2007 one of the strongest years in team history."
More promotions and increased group sales fueled the growing turnstile count. In conjunction with the installation of the new videoboard, the team's staff partnered with Total Sports Entertainment to revamp the game presentation off the field. TSE principal Bob Masewicz, known to local fans as Elwood Blues from the Blues Brothers Act, worked closely with the B-Mets front office and contributed his expertise that factored prominently in the success of 2007.
The B-Mets open the 2008 season at home on Thursday, April 3rd against the Trenton Thunder, the New York Yankees Double-A team.
YEARLY ATTENDANCE TOTALS (Regular Season Only)
2007 230,053 1999 203,674
2006 215,336 1998 216,191
2005 222,243 1997 200,513
2004 216,493 1996 202,461
2003 211,533 1995 200,077
2002 214,289 1994 217,600
2001 197,113 1993 225,467
2000 184,695 1992 259,183
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from September 3, 2007
- Baysox End Season With Loss To Connecticut, 5-2 - Bowie Baysox
- Rock Cats Shortstop Trevor Plouffe Is New Britain's 2007 Bernie's Brings It Home Player Of The Year - New Britain Rock Cats
- Rock Cats Esatblish New Franchise Attendance Marks - New Britain Rock Cats
- Fan Turnout Ranks Second All-Time - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- B-Mets Win Finale In Walk-Off Fashion - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Portland will host New Hampshire in a one-game playoff on Tuesday night - Portland Sea Dogs
- Fisher Cats and Sea Dogs will meet in playoff game Tuesday night - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Seawolves Clinch Southern Division Title - Erie SeaWolves
- Guzman perfect in Rock Cats sweep - New Britain Rock Cats
- Thunder Win 8-6; Still Waiting On Playoff Opponent - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs To Host One Game Playoff Tuesday - Portland Sea Dogs
- Seawolves Claim Southern Division Title With 9-4 Win - Altoona Curve
- Akron Aeros Playoffs Information - Akron RubberDucks
- Fisher Cats Draw Record 371,710 fans in 2007 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs announce playoff ticket information - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Binghamton Rumble Ponies Stories
- Rumble Ponies Announce 2019 Coaching Staff
- Boles to Manage Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Rojas Named to Major League Coaching Staff
- $5.1 Million in NYSEG Stadium Upgrades Announced, Rumble Ponies Lease Extended Through 2026
- Rumble Ponies Enjoy Best Attendance in 25 Years