EC Bergkamener Baren Leading Scorer Alyssa Wohlfeiler Returns to NWHL, Signs with Pride
A member of the Connecticut Whale in the NWHL's first season, forward Alyssa Wohlfeiler has returned to the league, signing with the Boston Pride.
The Saugus, California native has taken her talents to four different countries over the course of her career. Last season, she led EC Bergkamener Bären of the Frauen-Bundesliga in Germany in scoring, with 55 points (29-26-55) in 27 games.
"Having played in Europe on a few occasions, I have had fans tell me that they have specifically traveled to the U.S. just to be able to watch an NWHL game in person," said Wohlfeiler. "When I was in California, I had another fan at a 5:00 am stick time tell me he watched games online. So the league is definitely reaching fan bases all over the world and it's really exciting to think about the potential of women's hockey right now."
From 2011-2014, she spent three seasons with the Boston Blades of the Canadian Women's Hockey League, before playing the 2014-15 season with Lugano of the Swiss Women's Hockey League, amassing 29 points (13-16-29) in 18 games.
With the Whale in 2015-16, she recorded three goals and four assists in 17 games. She then played for HD71 of the SDHL in 2017-18, before joining EC Bergkamener Bären in the Frauen-Bundesliga.
Collegiately, Wohlfeiler was a captain at Northeastern, where she played four seasons.
"I am looking forward to being part of Season 5 of the NWHL and showing the game to even more people and growing those fan bases," said Wohlfeiler. "I am very excited and honored to be back in the NWHL and joining the Pride. It's always fun to play with and against many of the best players in the world."
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from August 2, 2019
- Three-Time NCAA National Champion Meghan Lorence Signs with Whitecaps - Minnesota Whitecaps
- University of Toronto Captain Becki Bowering Signs with the Buffalo Beauts - Buffalo Beauts
- EC Bergkamener Baren Leading Scorer Alyssa Wohlfeiler Returns to NWHL, Signs with Pride - Boston Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Pride Stories
- Briana Mastel Is Back to Take Care of Unfinished Business' with the Boston Pride
- Boston Pride's NWHL Title Banners Join City's Other Champions in Logan Airport Display
- Boston Inks Clarkson D Taylor Turnquist, as Pride Goes 6-For-6 in Signing 2020 NWHL Draft Picks
- Northeastern Captain Paige Capistran Joins the Defense of the Boston Pride
- Goaltender Victoria Hanson Re-Signed by the Boston Pride