Dusters bring back familiar face on defensive line
Amarillo, TX 4/3/09 - Addressing a need along their defensive line, the Amarillo Dusters added Barrett Allen to their lineup in preparation for their Saturday game against the Arkansas Twisters.
Allen, who played with the Dusters' IFL championship-winning team in 2004, returns to Amarillo after being traded from the South Georgia Wildcats for future considerations earlier in the week. The four-year af2 veteran brings valuable experience to a defensive line with only three years of combined arenafootball2 play prior to the acquisition.
The 6-4, 250-pound Abilene Christian alum tallied 5.5 sacks last season with the Tulsa Talons, tying for third on the team in the category. In addition, he played with the Dusters during their inaugural season in the af2 (2005).
The Dusters will be back in action next Saturday at the Amarillo Civic Center as they host the Arkansas Twisters at 7:00 PM. Tickets are available for the game by calling (806) 350-7277.
THE AMARILLO DUSTERS are a member of the arenafootball2 league. The team front office is now located at 901 S. Buchanan in downtown Amarillo. Season ticket packages for 2009 are available by calling (806) 350-PASS (7277), and start at just $96 a seat.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from April 3, 2009
- Pioneers Thrasher Firebirds 70-28 - Albany Firebirds
- Pioneers Clip the Birds Wings - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
- Dusters bring back familiar face on defensive line - Amarillo Venom
- Yard Dawgz Recognize Four Women City Leaders in Home Opener - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Week Two Saturday Night Matchups - af2
- Game Preview: Stockton Lightning At Spokane Shock - Stockton Lightning
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.