Dragons Concession Stand Program Open to Non-Profit Groups
DAYTON, OH -Non-profit organizations throughout the Miami Valley have raised a combined $3.9 million for their groups through the Dayton Dragons concession stand program at Fifth Third Field. At this time, the Dragons have only a few slots remaining in the program for the 2013 season.
Since the Dragons inception in 2000, they have utilized community non-profit groups to operate the concessions stands for every Dragons game at Fifth Third Field. Approximately $300,000 per season has been raised for local non-profits.
With a percentage of each game's concessions revenue donated back to the non-profit groups who operate the stands, the program has been an extremely popular fundraising method for the participants. Many groups have returned year after year to generate funds for their organizations. Whether a group is operating a concessions stand on a Tuesday night or a Saturday, the program is an efficient and effective fundraiser as the Dragons consistently have sold out crowds every night of the week. The Dragons have averaged over 8,300 fans per home date for each of their 13 seasons. Additionally, participants in the program have commented that they enjoy being part of the fun and excitement of a Dragons game day or night.
Each season, more than 40 non-profit organizations participate in the program, which includes a comprehensive training session prior to the first game. School groups, churches and service organizations have been among the many concession stand operators.
"Our concession stand program with local non-profit groups has been a staple of our organization from the very beginning and something we are proud to continue." said Robert Murphy, Dragons President. "We are very pleased to have created this opportunity for non profits to earn money that goes right back into the community supporting their activities."
Interested non-profit groups can contact the Dragons at (937) 228-2287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from February 18, 2013
- Chris Heisey: 41st Dragons Player in the Major Leagues - Dayton Dragons
- Timber Rattlers Announce 2013 TV Broadcast Schedule - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons Mascots, Green Team Performing at 100 Elementary Schools - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Concession Stand Program Open to Non-Profit Groups - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dayton Dragons Team Preview: Part 7-Starting Pitchers
- Dragons V.P. Brandy Guinaugh Selected as Forty Under 40 Honoree
- Yolanda Drake to Perform National Anthem on Dragons Opening Night
- Dayton Dragons 2018 Preview: Part 6-Outfielders
- Dayton Dragons 2018 Preview, Part 5: Third Basemen