CyberRays' massive PR operation shuts down, unemployment jumps
SAN JOSE (Sept. 26, 2003) Santa Clara County unemployment rolls swelled today as the San Jose CyberRays entire public relations operation closed down at 5 p.m. after a three-year run.
The suspension of CyberRays and WUSA operations Sept. 15 forced layoff of the entire PR staff, all support personnel and justified unplugging the office fax machine.
``It would have been better if this hadnt happened, PR director Jody Meacham said. ``PR didnt get any credit for winning the Founders Cup in 2001, yet lack of daily overwhelming media attention was laid squarely at the feet of our department. Go figure.
It was a fun run while it lasted, and a lot of that fun was working with Bay Area media. Enjoy the Womens World Cup.
• Discuss this story on the Women's United Soccer Association message board...
Women's United Soccer Association Stories from September 26, 2003
- CyberRays' massive PR operation shuts down, unemployment jumps - San Jose CyberRays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose CyberRays Stories
- CyberRays' massive PR operation shuts down, unemployment jumps
- CyberRays shutdown schedule will close office on Sept. 26
- CyberRays GM Marlene Bjornsrud on cessation of WUSA operations
- CyberRays, WUSA cease operations
- CyberRays' Brandi Chastain named to U.S. World Cup team