Connecticut Whale Sign Alexa Aramburu
Alexa Aramburu has returned to the NWHL after signing a contract today to play for the Connecticut Whale for the remainder of the season.
"I'm excited to be back in the NWHL and I'm appreciative of the Connecticut Whale giving me a look and extending this opportunity and a contract," said Aramburu. "I respect everyone who is trying to build women's professional hockey. I'm ready to play and I'm committed to contributing to the Whale in every way possible."
A New Jersey native who developed as a young player in the New Jersey Colonials program, Aramburu had three primary assists in 11 games last season with the Riveters, who host the Whale for two games this weekend. Aramburu played all 28 games with the CWHL's Toronto Furies in the 2017-18 season.
"We're excited to welcome Alexa back to the NWHL - but more importantly, to the CT Whale," said Connecticut general manager Bray Ketchum. "Alexa has shown a lot of commitment at our practices lately, and we believe her speed and skill will be big for us going forward."
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from January 23, 2020
- Connecticut Whale Sign Alexa Aramburu - Connecticut Whale
- Whitecaps Can Make Statement this Weekend vs Pride - Minnesota Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Connecticut Whale Stories
- Whale Ready to Test the Pride in Isobel Cup Semifinal
- Whale Will Face Boston in Semifinal After 5-3 Win over Beauts
- Wolejko a Perfect 8-For-8 in Shootout as Whale Top Riveters
- Connecticut Whale Sign Alexa Aramburu
- Kendra Broad of the Winning Whale Is the VEDA Player of the Week