Columbus Signs Defenseman Brent Regner
Syracuse, NY (July 1, 2009) - The Syracuse Crunch announced today that the Columbus Blue Jackets have signed defenseman Brent Regner to a standard three-year entry level contract. As per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Regner, 20, appeared in 70 games with Vancouver (WHL) last season and ranked second in scoring among league defensemen with 15 goals, 52 assists and 42 penalty minutes.
A native of Westlock, Alberta, Regner helped Vancouver to the 2007 Memorial Cup championship and was drafted by Columbus in the fifth round, 137th overall, in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Season tickets for the 2009-10 season are now on sale and can be purchased by calling the Crunch office at (315) 473- 4444 or by stopping by the Crunch office in the War Memorial at Oncenter, located at 800 South State Street in downtown Syracuse.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 1, 2009
- Columbus Signs Defenseman Brent Regner - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Welcome New Marketing Manager - Connecticut Whale
- Blues Sign Goaltender Ty Conklin - Peoria Rivermen
- Amerks Hire Ted Nolan as VP of Hockey Operations - Rochester Americans
- Five Aeros Honored as EL All-Stars - Houston Aeros
- The First Stimulus Plan Contest Winners Will Be Announced on Tuesday, July 7 - Albany Devils
- Five Former Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Invited to U.S. Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Orientation Camp - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.