Chiefs radio celebrates Fan Appreciation Night
The Syracuse Chiefs, Triple-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals, are pleased to invite fans holders to interact with their radio broadcast on Fan Appreciation Night at Alliance Bank Stadium on Tuesday, September 1st. Chiefs radio announcer Jason Benetti will broadcast the 7:00 PM game between the Chiefs and the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees from the seats behind home plate. During the game, Chiefs front office members and recognized fans will join him on the broadcast.
"I can think of no better way to celebrate fan appreciation night than to allow our fans the opportunity to express their interest in and their passion for the team," Benetti said. It'll be an enjoyable night and a great chance for me to meet the true Chief fans."
The Chiefs will honor two fans of the year, Michael Kendrick and Anna Holmes. In addition, the Chiefs will recognize their employees of the year and hand out their annual Harold Berman Community Involvement Award among other decorations.
"I'm happy we have the opportunity to bring the broadcast to the fans," Chiefs General Manager John Simone said. "It's a tradition dating back to the years of Dan Hoard that the Chiefs radio announcer call the game from the fan's perspective."
Postgame, fans are invited to join the Chiefs for a game of Launch-A-Ball. Fans can purchase numbered tennis balls for two dollars apiece and then throw them into hula hoops in the outfield to win prizes. Proceeds will benefit Chiefs Community Partners.
Come see the Chiefs as they continue their drive to the playoffs. Tickets are available at 315-474-7833 or online at www.syracusechiefs.com
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 31, 2009
- Braves shell Bulls, win 8-6 - Durham Bulls
- Mud Hens hold off Indians, 3-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Norfolk-Charlotte rained out Monday night - Norfolk Tides
- Chiefs radio celebrates Fan Appreciation Night - Syracuse Mets
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo Bisons
- Indians Open Final Homestand of 2009 on Monday - Indianapolis Indians
- Myrow and Abreu Named IL Players of the Week - IL
- Durham's Abreu Wins Co-Player of the Week Honors - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Mets Stories
- Syracuse Mets Announce 2019 Coaching Staff for Inaugural Season
- Nitro Circus' Renowned You Got This Tour To Hit Syracuse For The First Time This Spring
- Syracuse Mets Invite Community to NBT Bank Stadium for Open House, March 2nd
- Syracuse Mets Announce Annual Garage Sale Dates
- Governor Cuomo Announces NY Mets, County Close To Finalizing Lease Extension To Keep Pro Baseball In Onondaga County For Next 25 Years