Cannons Draft 16 Players in 2019 MLL Supplemental Draft
QUINCY, MA - The Boston Cannons of Major League Lacrosse (MLL), have announced their drafted player list from the 2019 MLL Supplemental Draft. The Cannons had 16 picks in this draft, adding to the already signed roster of 17, leading into 2019.
"It was a very productive Supplemental Draft for the Cannons," Associate Head Coach Dom Starsia stated following the draft. "We had some specific needs going into the process and each was addressed in a meaningful and positive manner. Our team is much better moving forward, and we are very excited about the 2019 season."
The Cannons had 16 picks within this draft, adding five attackmen, three midfielders, four face-off specialists, three defensemen, and one goalie.
"This is an extremely exciting time for Major League Lacrosse and the Boston Cannons," Cannons Head Coach Sean Quirk said. "With already signing a strong core of players in the off season we believe the additions we made in the Supplemental Draft developed our roster into what we need headed into the 2019."
During the draft, the Cannons also made a trade, acquiring defenseman Will Koshansky (University of Penn) from Atlanta in exchange for the Cannons 5th overall pick in the MLL Supplemental Draft.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from October 29, 2018
- Cannons Draft 16 Players in 2019 MLL Supplemental Draft - Boston Cannons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Cannons Stories
- MLL Alumni Spotlight: Bill Daye
- Nick Marrocco: Boston Cannons Star
- Boston Cannons Player Spotlight: Nick Marrocco
- Boston Cannons Announce 2020 Season Ticket Memberships to Officially Go on Sale September 4
- Cannons Beat Bayhawks 12-11 in Overtime, take 1st Place in MLL