C.J. Wilcox and Stephen Zimmerman Assigned to Erie of the NBA
Orlando, FL - The Orlando Magic have assigned guard C.J. Wilcox and center Stephen Zimmerman to the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League, General Manager Rob Hennigan announced today.
Wilcox (6'5", 195, 12/30/90) has played in ten games this season with the Magic, averaging 1.0 ppg. in 5.7 minpg. He was acquired by Orlando along with cash considerations from the L.A. Clippers in exchange for Devyn Marble and a future second round draft pick on July 15. Wilcox has spent time in the NBA Development League during his professional career with Bakersfield (2015-16), Canton (2015-16) and Fort Wayne (2014-15).
Zimmerman (7'0", 240, 9/9/96) has appeared in four games this season with the Magic, averaging 1.0 ppg. and 1.5 rpg. in 4.8 minpg. He was previously assigned to Erie on November 28. Zimmerman has played and started in four games with the BayHawks, averaging 21.8 ppg., 15.5 rpg., 1.75 stlpg. and 1.50 blkpg. in 38.0 minpg., while shooting .515 (34-66) from the field. He was then recalled on December 10.
Zimmerman was originally selected in the second round (41st overall) of the 2016 NBA Draft by Orlando. Last season (2015-16), he played in 26 games (24 starts) with UNLV as a freshman, averaging 10.5 ppg., a team-high 8.7 rpg. and a team-high 1.96 blkpg. in 26.2 minpg. He ranked second in the Mountain West Conference in blocked shots and third in rebounding.
The Orlando Magic and the Erie BayHawks are in the final year of a three-year single affiliation partnership. Orlando became the 16th NBA team to have a one-to-one affiliation with an NBA D-League team. The partnership, also referred to as a "hybrid affiliation," allows an NBA team to control the NBA D-League team's basketball operations, while the existing local ownership maintains primary responsibility for the team's off-the-court business operations and community initiatives.
Orlando's next game is Friday, December 16 vs. Brooklyn. Tip-off is 7 p.m. Coverage on FOX Sports Florida begins at 6:30 p.m. For ticket information, log on to OrlandoMagic.com or call 407-89-MAGIC.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 15, 2016
- In the D-League, Long Shots Keep Hoping for a Chance to Play in the NBA - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Energy Let Lead Slip Away, Fall to Spurs - Iowa Wolves
- D-Fenders Go Cold in Loss to Erie - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Gabe York's 10 Three-Pointers Lead BayHawks to Victory - Erie BayHawks
- Memphis Grizzles Re-Assign Wade Baldwin IV to Iowa Energy - Iowa Wolves
- D-Fenders Game Notes - Game #13 at Erie - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Legends Announce Assist the Officer Night, Presented by Texas811 - Texas Legends
- C.J. Wilcox and Stephen Zimmerman Assigned to Erie of the NBA - Erie BayHawks
- Reno Bighorns to Play Two Home Games at Golden 1 Center - Reno Bighorns
- Skyforce Releases Title Sponsor Opportunity - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Warriors Hand Northern Arizona Suns First Loss at Home - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bighorns Late Rally Overcome by Legends - Reno Bighorns
- Balanced Attack Leads Legends Past Bighorns - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.