Brand, Kelly and Sullivan Return to Matthews as Pride Plays Northeastern on September 28
As part of their preparations for the 2019-20 NWHL season, the Boston Pride will play Northeastern on Sept. 28 at 2 p.m. The game will be held at Matthews Arena on the campus of Northeastern.
The Pride roster includes former Northeastern players McKenna Brand, Lauren Kelly, and Tori Sullivan.
"Going back to Northeastern with Lauren, Tori, and the Pride to take on our alma mater is something I'm really looking forward to," said Brand. Added Kelly, "Northeastern not only helped me grow as a hockey player but as a person and I think it's special when we get to go back and play against some of the same players we used to call teammates. I know it'll be a fun and competitive game and a fantastic opportunity for the Pride to prepare for the upcoming NWHL season, and for the Huskies to prepare to defend their back-to-back Hockey East championships."
"We are excited to be playing the Boston Pride again this year in an exhibition game," said Northeastern head coach Dave Flint. "It will provide us with a valuable experience against a strong opponent to help prepare us for the upcoming season."
Please visit NUHuskies.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from July 9, 2019
- Brand, Kelly and Sullivan Return to Matthews as Pride Plays Northeastern on September 28 - Boston Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Pride Stories
- Boston Makes Statement, Sweeps Whitecaps
- Lineups Revealed for First Boston-Minnesota Showdowns of the Season
- Pride Cruise Past Beauts Thanks to a McKenna Brand Hat Trick
- Boston Pride Win Home Opener in a Night Filled with Firsts
- Legal Sea Foods Partners with the Boston Pride