Boston Pride Set to Meet Merrimack on September 21
The Boston Pride of the NWHL will play Merrimack of the NCAA's Hockey East conference on Sept. 21 at 6 pm at Lawler Arena on the school's campus in North Andover, Massachusetts. Admission is free for all fans.
"Not only is this a great opportunity to bring talented professional athletes to Merrimack College, it is a chance to play a high level of competition within the NWHL," said Merrimack head coach Erin Hamlen. "Many of our athletes aspire to play professional hockey post-college, and we are excited to continue building connections with teams such as the Boston Pride."
Merrimack, one of the newest additions to NCAA Division I hockey, had its best season in 2018-19, finishing with a 16-13-7 record in its fourth campaign. The Warriors also led the way with three players selected in the 2018 NWHL Draft.
"Merrimack has built a strong women's hockey program in brief time, and the NWHL and Pride embrace these opportunities to connect with college teams," said Boston head coach Paul Mara. "It's going to be a great game that will be instrumental in preparing for the season."
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from July 17, 2019
- Boston Pride Set to Meet Merrimack on September 21 - Boston Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Pride Stories
- Briana Mastel Is Back to Take Care of Unfinished Business' with the Boston Pride
- Boston Pride's NWHL Title Banners Join City's Other Champions in Logan Airport Display
- Boston Inks Clarkson D Taylor Turnquist, as Pride Goes 6-For-6 in Signing 2020 NWHL Draft Picks
- Northeastern Captain Paige Capistran Joins the Defense of the Boston Pride
- Goaltender Victoria Hanson Re-Signed by the Boston Pride