Blaze Sign Dwayne Missouri
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Blaze announce the signing of defensive lineman DWAYNE MISSOURI (6-5, 280, Northwestern) to a one-year contract today. Terms of the contract were not disclosed due to team policy.
"It's very exciting to add such a talented, seasoned veteran to our team," said Blaze head coach and general manager DANNY WHITE. "Dwayne's athletic ability and knowledge of the game will be a real asset to the Blaze."
From 2004-07, Missouri played for the Philadelphia Soul. During those four seasons, he recorded 72.5 total tackles, including 10.5 for a loss, 18.5 sacks, 15 pass breakups, 15 forced fumbles, and two blocked kicks. Offensively, he caught six receptions for 38 yards and two touchdowns. Prior to playing for the Soul, Missouri played in seven games for the Colorado Crush where he recorded 8.5 total tackles, 1.0 sack, and three pass breakups. In 2003, he was also signed by the NFL's San Francisco 49ers.
In 2002, Missouri was allocated to the Berlin Thunder of NFL Europe by the Dallas Cowboys. He received defensive honors in week 10 after helping the Berlin's defense limit Frankfurt to seven points. Missouri finished the game with 6.0 total tackles, 2.0 sacks, and one forced fumble. He also helped lead Berlin's defense to win World Bowl X. At the end of the season, Missouri tied for second in the League with 5.5 sacks.
After Missouri's senior year at Northwestern University, he was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the seventh round of the 2001 NFL draft. He played on the Ravens practice squad prior to being signed to the Dallas Cowboys. He played in two games with Dallas, but did not record any stats.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from November 20, 2007
- The OSC Interview: Philadelphia Soul WR Chris Jackson - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Destroyers sign five free agents - Columbus Destroyers
- Destroyers Announce Season Ticket Promotion With Germain Dealerships - Columbus Destroyers
- Blaze Sign Dwayne Missouri - Utah Blaze
- Rampage Sign GVSU Star Fowler, Release Riley - Grand Rapids Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Blaze Stories
- AFL, Utah Blaze suspend operations for 2009 season
- Utah Blaze DL Chris Janek Fares Well at Power-Lifting Meet
- Utah Blaze DL Chris Janek to participate in powerlifting competition
- Matt Griff Takes A Liking To Extreme Sports
- Utah Blaze Offensive Coordinator Tony Kimbrough No Stranger To Change