Black Hawks Announce Schedule Alterations
Multiple upcoming Waterloo Black Hawks games are subject to changes announced by the United States Hockey League on Thursday.
The USHL's statement on the situation is as follows:
"Upcoming Waterloo Black Hawks games against the Lincoln Stars (November 20 & 25), Des Moines Buccaneers (November 21), Dubuque Fighting Saints (November 26), and Green Bay Gamblers (November 28) have been declared No Contests. The Lincoln Stars have also announced that their November 28 matchup against the Tri-City Storm has been declared a No Contest. Per league safety protocols, minimum standards were not met to play these upcoming games. The United States Hockey League (USHL) is working with the Black Hawks, Stars, Buccaneers, Fighting Saints and Storm to reschedule these matchups."
More information about particulars of the rescheduling process will be announced as details become available.
On Wednesday, the USHL had announced a separate batch of weekend games could not be played as planned, involving the Youngstown Phantoms, USA Hockey's National Team Development Program, Muskegon Lumberjacks, and Dubuque Fighting Saints.
The Black Hawks are now scheduled to play their first home game of the season on Friday, December 4th against the Sioux Falls Stampede at Young Arena.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 19, 2020
- Saints Defenseman Pierce Commits to Dartmouth - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Weekend Games Postponed - Sioux City Musketeers
- Stampede to Host Omaha Lancers Saturday - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Black Hawks Announce Schedule Alterations - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Stars to Play Buccaneers in Des Moines Saturday; November 25th at Waterloo Postponed - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.