Black Bears Name Team Captians
The Maryland Black Bears have named their captains for the 2020-2021 season. Forward Luke Mountain, the team's longest tenured player, was named Captain. Mountain was the first player to compete in over 100 games for the team. He is the franchise leader in goals and points scored. He was an assistant captain last season.
"Luke has been here since year one, and has been a solid leader for our program, on and off the ice. He does things the right way, and has the respect from his teammates as well. We are proud of Luke Mountain the player, but even more proud of him as a person. The coaching staff is happy to name him our Captain for this season," said Clint Mylymok, Maryland Black Bears' Head Coach and GM.
Thomas Jarman was named one of three Assistant Captains. Jarman is the Black Bears' second longest tenured player, behind only Luke Mountain. Both players are the only remaining from the team's first season back in 2018-2019. They continue to develop a team culture based on teamwork, a strong work ethic and community service. Jarman has participated in joint community events with Fort Meade and was selected for the North American Hockey League's Prospects Tournament in 2020.
"Thomas is another 3 year Maryland Black Bear. He is a fierce competitor and the ultimate leader by example. Thomas has the respect from his teammates as well as his peers," said Mylymok
The team's other Assistant Captains are second year player Reid Leibold and Matthew Shanklin, who joined the team from the Central Canada Hockey League. The two played together at Northwood High School in Lake Placid, NY. This is Shanklin's first season with the Black Bears.
"Reid Leibold is an RPI commit and Virginia native. One of the hardest working players every game and practice. Matthew is playing his first year in Maryland, but he has already made an impression within the organization. He has a very positive attitude, and is always there for his teammates," said Mylymok.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from November 18, 2020
- Schedule Update - Minot Minotauros
- Black Bears Name Team Captians - Maryland Black Bears
- Tomahawks to Host Home Games this Weekend - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Attendance Update - Minot Minotauros
- Three Games against Bismarck Postponed - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Postponed Game Made Official, Others Rescheduled - Bismarck Bobcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Maryland Black Bears Stories
- Maryland Black Bears Hire First Ever Female Junior Hockey Coach
- Nordiques Win Game Three to Sweep Black Bears
- Johnstown Forces Game Five with 4-2 Win
- Maryland Stuns Johnstown with Third Period Comeback to Take Game 3
- Black Bears Cap off Regular Season with Shootout Win over Generals