Bells Add Right-Handed Pitching Talent
BELLINGHAM, Wash. - The Bells would like to welcome freshman right-handed pitcher Dylan Beavers from the University of California Berkeley.
Beavers is in his freshman season at Cal and is a large frame on the mound at 6-foot-4-inch and 200lbs. Prior to Cal, Beavers attended Mission College Preparatory High School and was a two-time all-league first team selection.
"Dylan is a legit two-way player that has the ability to impact a game both on the mound and at the plate," said Geaslen. "He is one of those unique game changing athletes with exceptional tools. A power right-handed pitcher with the ability to command all of his secondary pitches. We look for Dylan to be a significant contributor out of the bullpen and as a gifted left-handed hitter in the middle of our lineup."
Not only does Beavers obtain the ability to deliver on the mound, he can also deliver at the plate, batting .529 with 36 RBI, 25 stolen bases and 12 home runs his senior season.
The first pitch of the Bells 2020 season takes place on June 2 at Joe Martin Field.
• Discuss this story on the West Coast League message board...
West Coast League Stories from March 9, 2020
- Knights Sign George Fox Righty to 10-Day Contract - Corvallis Knights
- Bells Add Right-Handed Pitching Talent - Bellingham Bells
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bellingham Bells Stories
- Jim Clem Named Manager of Bellingham Bells for 2023 Season
- Trevin Hope Named 2022 WCL Pitcher of the Year
- Bells Advance to West Coast League Divisional Title Game on Saturday, August 13
- Bells Win West Coast League North Division's First Half Championship, Qualify for Post-Season
- Bellingham Bells and Puget Sound Energy Partner to Support Local Non-Profits