Bees Activate Lewicki and Smith from Injured Reserve
The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees of the Central Hockey League (CHL) announced on Wednesday the activation of Brandon Smith and Aaron Lewicki from the Injured Reserve list. The Bees also announced on Wednesday that forwards Greg Holt and Tyler Lehrke have been placed on 10-Day Injured Reserve.
Lewicki joined the Killer Bees on October 15 after spending time with the Houston Aeros (AHL) and Elmira Jackals (ECHL) during training camp. Lewicki, who played collegiately last season with Ferris State, is a talented forward that will find playing time immediately. Smith is another forward who joined the Bees from Miami (Ohio) where he played last season in the NCAA.
The Bees lose the services of Holt and Lehrke, who both played in all four previous games. Lehrke has one point on the season while Holt has yet to find the score sheet.
The Killer Bees season continues Thursday with a trip to Bossier-Shreveport followed by games in Wichita and Mississippi.
The next game at State Farm Arena for the Bees is November 11 when the Bees host Odessa. Tickets are on sale now at 956-843-PUCK (7825) and online at killerbeehockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 27, 2010
- Hershey Bears Assistant Coach Visits Puska On Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Mavericks Sign Wintoneak, Waive Kalemba - Kansas City Mavericks
- Kyle Hood Returns to Sundogs Lineup; Team Releases Turcotte - Arizona Sundogs
- Bees Activate Lewicki and Smith from Injured Reserve - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Sundogs to Host Halloween Celebration Saturday - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks Insider Replay Saturday - Laredo Bucks
- Americans Fall for First Time this Season, 6-3 to Mudbugs - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.