Beat Return Home Saturday, July 16 Against Philadelphia
KENNESAW, GA (July 15, 2011) - The Atlanta Beat (1-9-3) of Women's Professional Soccer return to KSU Soccer Stadium at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 16 to take on the Philadelphia Independence (7-2-3) for a third time this season.
The Beat returned to WPS action on Sunday, July 10 at Harvard Stadium where they fell 2-0 to the Boston Breakers. Beat defender Cat Whitehill and forward Kelly Parker rejoined the Beat for this match after returning from the FIFA Women's World Cup in Germany. Whitehill served as an ESPN color analyst during the Group Stage, and Parker played for the Canadian Women's National Team.
When the Beat and Independence first met on May 15 at the KSU Soccer Stadium, Philly pulled ahead for the 2-1 result. Then on June 4, the two teams met again, this time at Widener University, where they battled to a scoreless tie.
Both teams will are missing key U.S. Women's National Team players who will compete in the World Cup final on Sunday, July 17. The Beat are without midfielder Carli Lloyd and defender Heather Mitts. Philly is missing forward Amy Rodriguez, midfielder Lori Lindsey and goalkeeper Nicole Barnhart.
Tickets for Saturday's Atlanta Beat match against the Philadelphia Independence are still available for purchase by calling 678-298-4778.
• Discuss this story on the Women's Professional Soccer message board...
Women's Professional Soccer Stories from July 15, 2011
- Alex Morgan's First Goal in a World Cup Helps Propel USA into Finals - Western New York Flash
- Sahlen's Stadium Ticket Advisory for July 20 Flash Game - Western New York Flash
- Flash Look to Get Back on Track - Western New York Flash
- Beat Return Home Saturday, July 16 Against Philadelphia - Atlanta Beat
- Philadelphia's Tasha Kai Wins Weekly Honor with Hat Trick and More - WPS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.