Ac St. Louis Fall 2-0 to Carolina
ST. LOUIS, MO (July 3, 2010) - AC St. Louis, playing in the USSF Division 2 Pro League, lost to the Carolina Railhawks 2-0 on Saturday night at The Anheuser-Busch Soccer Park. AC St. Louis' record now stands at 2-8-2 after 12 games in league play.
Alec Dufty got AC St. Louis off to a good start by just getting his fingertips to a free-kick taken by Carolina's David Hayes in the 12thminute. Hayes shot from 26 yards took a hard turn towards the right post; forcing Dufty into a full dive to gets a hand to it and push it around the post.
Dufty would not be able to stop a vicious blast from Joseph Kabwe in the 16 th minute. Kabwe stepped into a well-delivered ball from Gregory Richardson, firing an arrow across the goalmouth that found the back of the net for a 1-0 lead.
Before the first half was over AC St. Louis did manage a flurry of activity in front of the Railhawk goal, but were not able to generate a substantial scoring chance.
St. Louis had a shot just 10 minutes into the second half to even the game. Troy Cole made a run to the by line and his diagonal cross behind the defense found the foot of Luke Kreamalmeyer for a first touch shot. Unfortunately, Kreamalmeyer's well-struck blast was directly at the chest of goalkeeper Eric Reed, who palmed it down allowing a rebound but Carolina's defenders were able to clear.
Jack Traynor would manage two shots on goal in the second half, but St. Louis was not able to break through and dropped their first league decision since May 29 at Minnesota.
AC St. Louis returns home next Saturday night for a July 10 match against the Montreal Impact. Tickets are still available and can be obtained by calling 1-888-STL-GOAL, or by visiting www.ac-stlouis.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's Professional Soccer message board...
Women's Professional Soccer Stories from July 3, 2010
- Beat Falls 4-0 To Fc Gold Pride - Atlanta Beat
- FC Gold Pride Defeats Atlanta Beat 4-0, Sets New WPS Record - FC Gold Pride
- Ac St. Louis Fall 2-0 to Carolina - St. Louis Athletica
- Chicago Red Stars Wrap up 4-Game Road Trip Sunday at Washington - Chicago Red Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. Louis Athletica Stories
- AC St. Louis End Season With 2-1 Loss to Rochester
- AC St. Louis Fall 4-2 in Texas
- AC St. Louis Lose 3-0 to Minnesota
- AC St. Louis Beat Miami 3-1
- AC St. Louis Draw Tampa 2-2