AC St. Louis Beat Miami 3-1
ST. LOUIS, MO (September 5, 2010) - AC St. Louis, playing in the USSF Division-2 Professional League, beat the Miami FC Blues 3-1 Sunday evening at The Anheuser-Busch Soccer Park. St. Louis raises their record to 6-11-8, and pulls to within two points of a playoff spot.
AC St. Louis got on the board in the 19th minute from a free kick inside 30 yards. Luke Kreamalmeyer lined up the kick created by a Chris Gbandi foul. Kreamalmeyer floated his delivery over the Miami wall and into space where Brad Stisser ran onto it for a glancing header. Stisser's shot rocketed into the left side of the net for his second goal of the year, and his first since June 12.
Miami FC then went on the attack for the remainder of the first half and began the second half maintaining nearly all possession. Their efforts paid off with a 63rd minute goal from Abe Thompson that was set up by Paulo Le Petit.
Mike Ambersley grabbed the lead back for AC St. Louis in the 71st minute when he struck for his ninth goal of the year. The goal was created by the work of Brad Stisser, who kept a chance alive inside the penalty area. Stisser fed Ambersley, who cut back to his left and fired home a right-footed shot for his ninth goal of the year.
Four minutes later AC St. Louis struck again when a hard driven cross from Mark Bloom on the right wing was deflected into the back of the net by Miami defender Martyn Lancaster. The own goal gave St. Louis a two-goal margin with 15 minutes to play. AC St. Louis would hold on, despite a disallowed goal for offside, to climb back into contention for a playoff spot. AC St. Louis now has 26 points, trailing both Tampa Bay and Minnesota who have 28 points.
AC St. Louis' next home match is on Saturday night, September 11 at 7:10 p.m. against the NSC Minnesota Stars. Tickets are still available and can be obtained by calling 1-888-STL-GOAL, or by visiting www.ac-stlouis.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's Professional Soccer message board...
Women's Professional Soccer Stories from September 5, 2010
- FC Gold Pride Sweeps Season Series Against Boston with 2-0 Victory - FC Gold Pride
- Beat Tie 0-0 In Final 2010 Home Match - Atlanta Beat
- Playoff Hopes Still Alive - Sky Blue FC
- Chicago Red Stars Top Washington, Cap off Season with Back-To-Back Wins - Chicago Red Stars
- AC St. Louis Beat Miami 3-1 - St. Louis Athletica
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. Louis Athletica Stories
- AC St. Louis End Season With 2-1 Loss to Rochester
- AC St. Louis Fall 4-2 in Texas
- AC St. Louis Lose 3-0 to Minnesota
- AC St. Louis Beat Miami 3-1
- AC St. Louis Draw Tampa 2-2