3 Puntos: CHAvNCFC Match Preview
1. Red Wolves Look to Remain Undefeated at CHI Memorial Stadium
After an impressive record breaking 15-game undefeated streak, the Red Wolves still remain undefeated at home. Red Wolves return to the fortified confines of CHI Memorial Stadium Saturday night playing host to North Carolina FC. The last time out for the Red Wolves was a frustrating outing in Greenville against the Triumph, where the away side was agonizingly sent down to 10 men only 25 minutes into the game for a questionable red card decision against Sebastian Capozucchi.
No matter for a Red Wolves side that has preached battling through adversity all season long, and now they look to get back to bounce back against 12th place North Carolina. The side showed great fight back and intensity even down a man for most of the match in Greenville, with Jonathan Ricketts being awarded a Team of the Week nod for his dynamic play on both ends of the pitch. The Red Wolves doubled Greenville's shots on target at a tally of 4-2, won more duels, more aerials and intercepted more passes on the night in what was an aggressive and high pressing performance that unfortunately did not yield the result it deserved.
2. North Carolina FC Looks to Ride the Momentum of 4-1 Rout Against New England
While it is fair to say that things have not fallen the way North Carolina might have wanted in the 2021 campaign, there is still plenty of life left in John Bradford's side. Supporters at WakeMed Soccer Park were rewarded with an exemplary performance on Saturday night in a 4-1 thrashing of the New England Revolution II.
In a vintage performance, club legend Nazmi Albadawi turned back the clock scoring a brace in his 165th appearance all time for the club. Bright young star Jay Tee Kamara added a goal in the match alongside as did Josh Coan in a comprehensive victory. It was a solid performance in front of net as the home side turned in 4 of their 6 shots on target, while Nicholas Holliday had a bright day in goal keeping out 5 of New England's 6 shots on target.
3. What to Watch for and What to Expect
There are important ramifications for both sides coming into the match Saturday night disregarding placements in the table. Although North Carolina currently sit bottom of the league, they remain only 8 points out of a playoff spot with 8 games to go and perhaps may look to make a late season push. On the other side of the pitch, the Red Wolves sit joint top of the league with Union Omaha and will want to secure 3 points Saturday night to keep the rest of the league at bay to secure home-field advantage in the playoffs.
Don't miss the 7pm kickoff at CHI Memorial Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from September 18, 2021
- Charlie Dennis Helps Extend Unbeaten Streak - FC Tucson
- NCFC Falls to Top Chattanooga Squad - North Carolina FC
- Fort Lauderdale CF to Host South Georgia Tormenta FC on Sunday - Fort Lauderdale CF
- 3 Puntos: CHAvNCFC Match Preview - Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chattanooga Red Wolves SC Stories
- 3 Puntos: CHAvTFC Match Preview
- Chattanooga Red Wolves Clinch Playoff Berth for the First Time in Club History
- Resilient Red Wolves Battle Back for an All-Important Three Points in North Carolina
- 3 Puntos: NCvCHA Match Preview
- Hard Fought Contest in Richmond Sees Red Wolves Fall Just Short