by Trent Peters
September 20, 2016 - NBA Development League (D-League)
Our Sports Central asked minor league executives across the country to participate in a short questionnaire about themselves. We will feature their responses every Tuesday.
This week's 10 Questions is the Director of Marketing and Communications with the Delaware 87ers, Alex Yoh. Mr. Yoh has been at his current positions with the 87ers since August. He previously worked as the Public Relations Coordinator with the Philadelphia 76ers.
1. What was your first job in the sports industry?
Fan Cam/Video Crew, Reading Phillies (AA-Philadelphia)
2. What was the last app you downloaded?
3. What was the first job you ever had?
Lawn Care Manager, AccoTerra Landscaping
4. What is currently your favorite song?
Taking Care of Business by BTO
5. What is the last thing you watched on Netflix?
The Office - Niagara PT. 1; Season 6 Episode 4
6. What is the best advice you have ever received?
"Go through you career with the notion in mind that you very well be working for your former interns some day."
7. What is the last book you read?
Walden by Henry David Thoreau
8. What is one unique or quirky habit that you have?
I rearrange and reorganize things, remove clutter around the office. Even if the stuff doesn't belong to me.
9. What advice would you give someone who wants to work in the sports industry?
You have to love what you do. It is not easy. You make sacrifices every day. It is a grind. But when the crowd erupts in a big moment and you're the one who put it all together, there is no better feeling.
10. Who was your role model growing up?
My parents, who never flinched at the idea that I could somehow make a career out of loving sports.