San Antonio's Chris Williams RetiresJune 4, 2013 - North American Soccer League (NASL) - San Antonio Scorpions Press Release
Williams signed with the Scorpions in March of this year and has played 440 minutes on the field this season at center back and right back. He has registered two shots and made a name for himself in the locker room as one of the most well-liked Scorpions players.
"We are greatly appreciative of Chris' commitment to the Scorpions and his hard work while being a member of the organization," said Hankinson. "Chris was a true professional in every sense of the word and added something special to the club on and off the field. We admire his tough decision to leave the game for family reasons, and wish him the very best going forward."
Williams was born and raised in Philadelphia, PA and attended Philadelphia University from 2002-2005. During college he also played with the Ocean City Barons in the USL Player Development League from 2004 through 2006. He spent the 2007-08 season with the Philadelphia KiXX, before going to play for Miami FC in the USL First Division for the 2007 and 2009 seasons. In December 2009, he signed with Da Nang of the V-League, the top division in Vietnam and played there until the end of the 2010 Vietnamese season. Williams returned to the U.S. in 2011 and signed with the Ocean City Nor'easters in the USL Player Development League before returning to Vietnam. He played for the Baltimore Blast of the MISL in 2012 before signing his contract with the Scorpions for the 2013 season.
The retirement of Williams brings the Scorpions player roster to 21.
North American Soccer League Stories from June 4, 2013
- NASL Club Virginia Cavalry Break Ground at New Stadium - Virginia Cavalry
- San Antonio's Chris Williams Retires - San Antonio Scorpions
- New York Cosmos Announce Emirates Airline Deal - New York Cosmos
- Loudoun Sports Stadium to be Named Edelman Financial Field - Virginia Cavalry
- Minnesota United FC Forward Simone Bracalello Named North American Soccer League Player of the Month - NASL
- Minnesota Forward Bracalello Named NASL Player of the Month - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.