Orlando Predators Assigned Defensive Lineman Claude WrotenMay 10, 2013 - Arena Football League (AFL) - Orlando Predators Press Release
Wroten was born September 16, 1982 (6'2 and 295lbs) and was "one of the most dominating defensive linemen in school history" at Lousiana State University and a third round pick in the 2006 NFL draft by the St. Louis Rams. During his two-year standout career at Louisiana State University, Wroten started in 21of the 25 games he played. He also totaled 22.5 tackles for losses and 12 sacks.
During his junior year at LSU, Wroten was a First-Team All-SEC by College Football News and Second-Team All-SEC by the Associated Press and the SEC Coaches. Playing a total of 12 games with 9 starts, he tallied 44 tackles, 12 tackles for losses and 6 sacks for the 2004 season. In his senior year, he was named First-Team All-American by College Football News and Second-Team All-American by the Sporting News. Starting in 12 of the 13 games in the season, he finished with 49 tackles, 10.5 tackles for losses and 6 sacks.
When Wroten was playing for the Rams, he played 15 games as a rookie- totaling 13 tackles, one sack and a forced fumble. In 2007, he recorded 13 tackles and a half-sack. In 2008, Wroten was suspended from the NFL but continued to play professional football in the UFL, CFL and CIFL.
"Claude Wroten is going to be a great addition to our roster," said coach Plank. "A pass rusher is what we need and Wroten's skills and experience will serve the team well."
Arena Football League Stories from May 10, 2013
- Soul Announce Caroline Sunshine to Replace Bella Thorne for Daddy-Daughter Night Concert - Philadelphia Soul
- Talons Host Breast Cancer Awareness Night May 11 - San Antonio Talons
- Former Northern Illinois Standout Added to Rush Roster - Chicago Rush
- Orlando Predators Assigned Defensive Lineman Claude Wroten - Orlando Predators
- Jacksonville, San Antonio Ready for CBS Sports Network - AFL
- Jaws and the Philadelphia Soul Return to Evesham - Philadelphia Soul
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.