Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Marco ScandellaJanuary 27, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Houston Aeros
Scandella, 22 (2/23/90), has tallied 12 points (1-11=12), 13 penalty minutes (PIM) and a plus-2 rating in 24 games with Houston this season. The 6-foot-3, 210-pound native of Montreal, Quebec skated in 63 contests with Minnesota in 2011-12 and collected 12 points (3-9=12) and 19 PIM. He ranked second among NHL rookies in blocked shots (106) and TOI/game (21:46) and logged a franchise-record 35:32 in ice time vs. Chicago on April 5, 2012. Scandella also appeared in nine games with Houston last season and recorded five points (2-3=5). He notched two assists in 20 games with Minnesota and added 19 points (3-16=19) in 33 games with Houston during the 2010-11 campaign.
Scandella was selected by Minnesota in the second round (55th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft and wears sweater #6 with the Wild.
The Aeros return to Toyota Center after the All-Star break, hosting Texas on Friday, Feb. 1 at 7:05 p.m. The first 2,000 youths to the game receive an Aeros youth jersey, compliments of Belknap Plumbing and Bellknap Concrete. The Aeros will stay on home ice on Sunday, Feb. 3 with a 12:05 p.m. faceoff against the Rockford Ice Hogs. Every Sunday game is a Family Day, with four tickets, parking and four Aeros gifts starting at just $54. Houston wraps up the home stand with San Antonio on Monday, Feb. 4 at 7:05 p.m.
Aeros season tickets start as low as $9 per seat and may be purchased online at Aeros.com by placing a $100 deposit. Once your order is processed, an Aeros ticket representative will contact you to choose your exact seat location, as well as discuss the payment options. Information on season tickets and mini-plans is also available on the team website at www.aeros.com. Groups of 15 or more receive a discount on all tickets, to book your group outing to an Aeros game please call 713-974-PUCK (7825).
American Hockey League Stories from January 27, 2013
- Western Conference Rallies for Win In AHL All-Star Skills Competition - Manchester Monarchs
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Marco Scandella - Houston Aeros
- Western Conference rallies for 12-11 win in AHL All-Star Skills Competition - AHL
- Anaheim Reassigns Holland & Hendry to Admirals, Recalls Etem & Vatanen from Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Rampage Make Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- Aeros Roll Over Griffins 5-2 - Houston Aeros
- Gilbert Reassigned, Hobson Released from PTO - Rockford IceHogs
- Dallas Reassigns Jace Coyle To Idaho - Texas Stars
- Antenna TV to Broadcast All-Star Classic - Rockford IceHogs
- Dallas Recalls Goaltender Richard Bachman - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.