Former Chargers, Steelers WR Paul Cox Joins Receiving CorpsJanuary 11, 2013 - Arena Football League (AFL) Utah Blaze
"I'm excited to add another talented wide receiver to our offense," said Head Coach Ron James. "Paul is the kind of player that will go up and fight for the football. He's physical and has a great set of hands, and his ability to battle for the ball will really pay dividends for our offense in red zone situations."
Cox (6-5, 215, Mississippi Valley State) initially signed with the San Diego Chargers as an undrafted free agent, where he participated in preseason minicamp. He later joined the Pittsburgh Steelers during training camp and played in preseason games against the Indianapolis Colts, Philadelphia Eagles and Buffalo Bills.
During his college career, Cox attended Mississippi Valley State - an FCS university best known for producing Hall of Fame NFL wide receiver Jerry Rice. He played in 40 games over his four-year tenure at the school and delivered 92 receptions for 1,701 yards with 13 touchdowns.
"I'm excited and very privileged to have the opportunity to be a member of the Utah Blaze," Cox stated. "It's a blessing to get the chance to play football again and continue chasing my dream. I want to be a guy that motivates and inspires people. Open your eyes and count your blessings every day."
Arena Football League Stories from January 11, 2013
- Champion Offensive Lineman Inks Three-Year Deal with Sharks - Jacksonville Sharks
- Sharks to Offer Fan Bus to Tampa - Jacksonville Sharks
- Chandler Williams Memorial Fund Established - Tampa Bay Storm
- Former Chargers, Steelers WR Paul Cox Joins Receiving Corps - Utah Blaze
- White House Recognizes "Preauxs vs Jeauxs" Charity Event - New Orleans VooDoo
- Storm Add OL Nevin McCaskill - Tampa Bay Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.