Americans Sign Stanley Cup Winning DefensemanDecember 31, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - Allen Americans
Martinez, played in 51 games for the Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings in the 2011-2012 season, scoring 6 goals, and 6 assists for 12 points with 8 penalty minutes. He had two points during last year's Stanley Cup Finals for the Kings, netting a goal and an assist versus New Jersey.
"You get a guy who just won a Stanley Cup last season with Los Angeles; he's 25 years old, a great player, a power play guy who will really help our blue line," said Americans Head Coach Steve Martinson. With all the injuries on defense, Alec will really help our power play as well as provide some great leadership."It's great timing for us."
Martinez, who lives in Allen in the off-season brought the Stanley Cup to Allen, Texas with a stop at Top Golf over the summer. He will be suited up this evening and ready to go.
The Allen Americans host the Quad City Mallards tonight at 7:05 in the annual New Year's Eve game at Allen Event Center. Tickets for tonight's game are available online at www.allenamericans.com or www.ticketmaster.com. Call 972-912-1000 for more information.
Group Tickets- Have a group that would like to attend an Americans home game? Contact the Allen Americans Group Sales Department at 972-912-1000
Allen Americans Broadcast- Listen to all Allen Americans games with Tommy Daniels streaming online at www.97.5klak.com or www.allenamericans.com . Be sure to catch the Steve Martinson Show every Wednesday morning at 7:20 am on KLAK with Johnny B & Carrie
Allen Americans on the Airwaves- Catch the Steve Martinson Show every Wednesday morning at 7:20 am on KLAK with Johnny B & Carrie. Richard Matvichuk joins Jason Taylor every Wednesday morning at 8:05 am on 93.1 KATY Country. Craig Ludwig talks hockey every Wednesday morning at 8:40 on Mad Rock 102.5. Americans Broadcaster Tommy Daniels and a selected Allen Americans player are in the KLAK studios every Friday morning at 7:55 am
Central Hockey League Stories from December 31, 2012
- Sundogs End 2012 with a Bang, 8-2 Victory - Arizona Sundogs
- Cutthroats Fall in 3-2 Shootout Thriller to End 2012 - Denver Cutthroats
- Sellout Crowd Witnesses Rush Cap off 2012 with Shootout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Mavs Finish 2012 with 1-0 Shutout Win over Tulsa - Missouri Mavericks
- Americans Close out 2012 with a 4-0 Shutout over Quad City - Allen Americans
- Sundogs Dominate Blaze - Bloomington Blaze
- Brahmas Top Thunder on New Year's Eve - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Brahmas Hand Thunder Second-Straight Loss - Wichita Thunder
- Dell, Americans Blank Mallards 4-0 - Quad City Mallards
- Oilers Blanked by Clemente in 1-0 Setback at Missouri - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Sign Stanley Cup Winning Defenseman - Allen Americans
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks' Forward Sebastien Thinel Named CHL's Player of the Week - Missouri Mavericks
- Shots from the Point for December 31, 2012 - CHL
- Missouri's Sebastien Thinel Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Wilson Called up to Lake Erie, Coles Activated - Denver Cutthroats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.