Indiana Pacers Re-Assign Orlando Johnson to NBA D-League Affiliate Fort Wayne Mad AntsDecember 27, 2012 - NBA Development League (D-League) Press Release
Johnson (6-5, 220, UC-Santa Barbara) has played nine minutes in three games for Indiana this season. In his previous two-game assignment with Fort Wayne, Johnson averaged 22.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 3.0 steals.
Selected in the second round (36th overall) of the 2012 NBA Draft by the Sacramento Kings, Johnson was acquired by the Pacers via trade on June 28, 2012. In just three seasons at UC-Santa Barbara, Johnson became the Gauchos all-time leading scorer (1,825 points), and is the only player in school history to have scored 500 or more points in a season three times. His 674 points as a junior and 39 points in a game vs. Cal-Davis are also school records
Johnson is expected to join the Mad Ants today and be available when the team hosts the Texas Legends on Friday, Dec. 28.
Pacers fans can follow Johnson's time in Fort Wayne by logging onto NBADLeague.com powered by YouTube to watch all of the Mad Ants games live, online, for free.
NBA Development League Stories from December 27, 2012
- Skyforce to Host Community Blood Drive - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Indiana Pacers Re-Assign Orlando Johnson to NBA D-League Affiliate Fort Wayne Mad Ants - D-League
- Denver Nuggets Re-Assign Quincy Miller to NBA D-League Affiliate Iowa Energy - Iowa Energy
- Ants Trade Walker Russell to Reno for Two Players - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Reno Bighorns Acquire Walker Russell - Reno Bighorns
- Golden State Warriors Assign Kent Bazemore & Jeremy Tyler to Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Golden State Warriors Re-Assign Bazemore and Tyler to NBA D-League Affiliate Santa Cruz Warriors - D-League
- Denver Nuggets Re-Assign Quincy Miller to NBA D-League Affiliate Iowa Energy - D-League
- Jones, Liggins and Orton Assigned to Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Oklahoma City Thunder Re-Assigns Jones, Liggins and Orton to NBA D-League Affiliate Tulsa 66ers - D-League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.